Who is the physician behind MD Can Help?
Dr. Gail Gazelle, Assistant Clinical Professor at Harvard Medical School has devoted her entire professional career to providing the tools people need to get the care they deserve. She has worked tirelessly to make sure that people get excellent care. In the modern healthcare system, doctors don’t always look at the big picture of your life. When you or a loved one is ill, your doctor may not be thinking about how hard it can be just to get through each and every day. So, people often feel like they are asking for too much, or complaining, when all they are trying to do is get good care.
Dr. Gazelle, MD Can Help, provides the tools to:
- Make sure that medical care focuses on you as a person, not just on your illness
- Help you understand that your needs are just as important as the needs of the doctor, hospital, or other parts of the healthcare system
- Affirm that what you are going through is real
- Support you to realize that if you are feeling bad about your care or how you are being treated, it is more likely that it is due to problems in healthcare than problems with you
- Empower you and your loved ones to ask the right questions, take charge when needed, and know what to expect so you are better able to cope.
Dr. Gazelle, MD, FACP, FAAHPM wants you to know that you are important. Dr. Gazelle says: get the care that meets your needs, not just the care that treats your disease!